Deciding to open a truck company in Croatia can be a good business action and, at the same time, very challenging. That is why it is always important to take note of the factors that come with opening a truck company. In Croatia, corporations are governed by the Companies Act. The law provides for the types of companies that you can use as business structure as well as the procedure on how to incorporate your company. Our company formation agents in Croatia can help you open your truck company.
Table of Contents
Types of truck companies in Croatia
Under the Companies Act, investors can choose to open a truck company in Croatia as one of three principal types of business entities. The first type is the sole trader that is an entity owned by one person and no shares are issued or sold to shareholders. There is no separate entity between the owner and the business. The second principal type is the companies of persons that include general partnerships, limited partnerships, and economic interest groups.
The third type of business entity is the companies of capital. This covers public and private limited companies. This type of entity has a separate personality from that of its owners and shares are issued and sold to shareholders. Our specialists in company incorporation in Croatia can guide you on the suitable business structure for your truck company.
What do you need to consider when opening a truck company in Croatia?
There are a lot of things to consider when you open a Croatian truck company. Our associates who are knowledgeable about how to open a company in Croatia have listed down the important ones:
- obtain the required licenses for your business as well as for the drivers of your truck company. This can be done at the Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport, and Infrastructures of Croatia.
- register your business with the Croatian Company Registry, the entity in charge of all companies in Croatia. Registration is important because this grants legal personality to your company.
- acquire the right equipment for your business. Equally important as how to run a business is using the correct and quality equipment. This will help make sure that the business runs smoothly.
- get your trucks and equipment insured. Buying insurance will help you ease any liability you might suffer during the operation of your business.
Who can open a truck company in Croatia?
Any foreign investor who wants to enter the transportation sector in Croatia can set up a truck company. A limited liability company is the business entity that suits most the activities of a truck company due to an easy incorporation and structure. The operation costs should be attentively measured, considering the logistics, the employees, the equipment, etc. If you are interested in opening a truck company in Croatia, we suggest you address to our team of advisors in Croatia.
Do I need insurance for my truck company?
Yes, it is recommended to consider the services of an insurance company and bear in mind the physical damages and losses, plus the equipment coverage involved in a truck company, particularly as a small entrepreneur. You can choose a short-term or a long-term insurance for your truck company and further repairs. The type of cargo will determine the insurance price established by the agency. As soon as you register your truck company in Croatia with the assistance offered by our company incorporation specialists in Croatia, you should ask for information about how you can inssure your business.
There are multiple business opportunities in Croatia. But foreign and local entrepreneurs must align themselves with the accounting requirements. Thus, they can contact our accountants in Croatia and discover the services they need. Payroll, bookkeeping, and submission of annual financial statements are among the most important procedures and tasks necessary for the smooth running of a company.
10 major steps for opening a truck company in Croatia
Trucking companies in Croatia can be excellent business choices for both domestic and international entrepreneurs. Once you have decided to develop such a business, it is important to follow a few dedicated stages ad steps, in order to properly control your future company. Here are a few things to consider when opening a truck company in Croatia:
- Write down a business plan – the first step in opening a truck company is to prepare a business plan and to set the goals of your future company. Such a business plan can help any entrepreneur in Croatia get organized from the beginning, set the goals, highlight the business equipment and costs, etc. A business plan can suffer modifications at the same time the company develops.
- Choose the business structure – As mentioned earlier, a trucking company in Croatia can run under the rules of sole proprietorships, partnerships or limited liability companies. Our company formation representatives in Croatia can offer support and guidance for opening a truck company in this country, no matter the chosen business structure.
- Obtain the needed licenses and permits – This is an important step in opening a truck company in Croatia and that because such activities cannot be implemented without the necessary approvals issued by the entitled authorities. The Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport, and Infrastructures in Croatia issues the special licenses and permits for truck companies in this country, but all the formalities involved can be handled by one of our specialists.
- Purchase or rent the necessary equipment – this is the next important step for opening a trucking company in Croatia. What type of vehicle do you need? What kind of cargo will you be transporting? These are two important questions to consider at the time you want to rent or buy one or more trucks. Specific information can be offered by professional truck drivers if you make some verifications and get in touch with a few.
- Sign a company insurance for your truck business – In order to avoid any possible business risks in terms of logistics and transportation, it is highly recommended to sign an insurance policy. This can cover passenger accidents, physical damage, and of course, the entire cargo. Talk to an insurance specialist and find out more about how to protect your trucking company in Croatia.
- Hire the services of an accountant – it is extremely important to pay attention to the services offered by an accounting firm in Croatia. Most truck company owners cannot track all the financial operations in the firm, all the expenditures and so on, therefore, the support of an experienced accountant is needed. The payments, the business expenses, the bookkeeping can be handled by one of our accountants in Croatia.
- Building business relationships – marketing and networking efforts must be paid for establishing the business presence on the Croatian market. Some might find it quite difficult to access the right customers from the start, but a solid marketing plan for business development can be the key to success.
- Comply with the imposed tax obligations – Once your business generates profits, you should pay attention to the taxes imposed. Financial reporting requirements also need to be observed and handled. This is not a difficult task and your accountant can give full support.
- Define your brand – A company can develop even more with the support of a website that presents all the services provided. In a technological era, you should not pass by such a development opportunity.
- Extend your business – If your company grows, you might want to extend your operations to multiple cities or even outside Croatia. You should check conditions and regulations for business expansion outside the country and hire a specialist.
Why make investments in Croatia
Croatia is quite attractive from an investment point of view because the country offers a wide range of business opportunities, among which, a trucking company can be extremely successful. Here are some facts and data about the business direction in Croatia:
- more than USD 32,884 million was the total FDI stock in Croatia in 2018;
- World Bank revealed that Croatia ranks 51st out of 190 worldwide economies;
- the high-quality infrastructure and the skilled workforce are among the business benefits of Croatia;
- around 30% of the total FDI for 2018 was directed to the financial services sector in Croatia, in 2018;
- Italy, Austria, the Netherlands, and Germany are the main investors in Croatia.
If you need more information on how to open a truck company in Croatia, feel free to contact our specialists in company formation.